Get to know me abit more...

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Hello everyone!! I am back

Dress: River Island / Photographer Rex (Insta: ry.38)

Hi Everyoneeee!!

It has been so long. Did you miss me? I hope I am being missed hahaha (FF). 3 years has passed... omg, time really flies. I stopped blogging and even deleted my old "hurrykatrinac" instagram account (maybe I should change my current instagram name back to that) since 2014 because I found that social media and internet life was consuming too much of my time and I was not productive enough in my real life. But what a foolish thing to do! KOL is so trendy now, they are everything now, earning money and building an empire out of all these social media tools. Oh, if I didn't delete what I built back then, maybe I would have a slight chance to make use of my old social media, well or maybe not. But ANYWAYS, I will start over from here now. (sniff sniff" Ga Yau)



So where should I begin? mm... Well I am Katrina Chan. haha I used to be blonde and now back to normal black hair. I am on my gap year from Parsons, School of Design in New York. I came back to Hong Kong last year to explore what I could actually do with my life. I will go back to New York in a month to finish up my degree (but I am still dealing with my student visa, I am so worried that I cannot go back Geez Finger croxx) 

Initially I came back to Hong Kong because I needed to take a long break to figure things out and really rest before I go ahead with my journey in life. I was very lost with my future direction. I was studying Fashion Design but it was ok for me. Some of you may know, I switched from Communication Design to Fashion Design but deep down, I really want to become an actress. I was so afraid to tell people because I was worried that they will make fun of me for having fantasies about being an actress. Long story short, I finally took the courage to tell people and get help. Now, I've been back for almost a year and I am so grateful that I get to explore so many things in different areas, starting from base 0. 



At first, I didn't know what I should do to get myself working in acting field. Luckily, I was invited to help out in a theatre show and met some people there and that's where it begins. I was so happy to finally meet people who wants to do acting as much as I do and they were very encouraging and helpful in giving me directions and advice of what I could do. I then applied to soooo many auditions, sent soooo many emails, edited my resume and comp card sooo many times and most of the time, I didn't get replies, occasionally I do. Then I went to sooo many castings and most of the time, I didn't get casted. But there are numerous times when God gave me chances to gain experience out of the blue. I remember before coming back, I got an email for a minor role in a Chinese drama (I still don't know if they ever showed it in China) and the next day I landed, I shot my very first drama. I was sooooo nervous, excited and happy! Then I started getting roles that I didn't audition for, instead of those I auditioned for, all by God's grace. He guided and leaded to know many people I wouldn't expect to meet. I was so happy that I got to try shooting TV commercials, short films, online promotion videos and doing Theatre work. I mean obviously there are ups and downs and I often feel that I am not good enough and comparing myself with other actresses and models, which is a really bad habit. But I learned that if you truly listen to God's teaching, and if God lets and allows you, He will certainly guide you along the way, not that you will get every single job and become successful all at once but you will see grace during the journey.


As for now, I still don't consider myself as a working actress, I consider as someone who has some very tiny experience on the outer ring of the business, trying to get a chance to enter the real circle of wonders.  And I start to wonder on how I should present myself to get more noticeable. So many thoughts: should I post photos of me smiling? girly photos? innocent and pure looking photos? so I can get more roles in commercial jobs, like office lady, students etc.? or should I post photos where I look more cool or edgy? Or blah blah blah...I was sooo confused and I ended up posting everything with many styles. And that's where the problem is, it is hard for people to recognise and remember Oh! Tadaaa! That's Katrina. They are so confused about what I am actually doing now,  am I modelling? acting? designing? What is she really doing?!  Some people say that I don't have a clear image and that I need a clear idea of what defines and differentiates me out of the 3497230512831346 girls. M....


To tell you the truth, I want to know too. 

Snap it off, Katrina. That is not good! Because sadly, social media plays a big part in the entertainment industry.  So for the coming year, I really hope that I can start being more active on social media, building a who knows what image along the way so people can start to recognise and remember me. I don't know how I am going to do that but I will try hard! Taking more photoshoot perhaps? Vlogging? Live Chat? Any tips for a lost child?


Cafe: BOUND by Hillywood/ Photographer: Jeffery Fung (Insta: jeffreyfung)


Best,
Katrina
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment