Get to know me abit more...

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Gone Girl

Is it weird if I tell you I want to be a "Gone Girl"? Sometimes I just want to be gone and disappear.
                                                                                  

“People love talking, and I have never been a huge talker. I carry on an inner monologue, but the words often don't reach my lips.” 

“I often don't say things out loud, even when I should. I contain and compartmentalize to a disturbing degree: In my belly-basement are hundreds of bottles of rage, despair, fear, but you'd never guess from looking at me.” 

“It’s a very difficult era in which to be a person, just a real, actual person, instead of a collection of personality traits selected from an endless Automat of characters.” 

“I feel myself trying to be charming, and then I realize I’m obviously trying to be charming, and then I try to be even more charming to make up for the fake charm, and then I’ve basically turned into Liza Minnelli: I’m dancing in tights and sequins, begging you to love me. There’s a bowler and jazz hands and lots of teeth.” 

“I was told love should be unconditional. That's the rule, everyone says so. But if love has no boundaries, no limits, no conditions, why should anyone try to do the right thing ever? If I know I am loved no matter what, where is the challenge? I am supposed to love Nick despite all his shortcomings. And Nick is supposed to love me despite my quirks. But clearly, neither of us does. It makes me think that everyone is very wrong, that love should have many conditions. Love should require both partners to be their very best at all times.” 

“You drink a little too much and try a little too hard. And you go home to a cold bed and think, That was fine. And your life is a long line of fine.” 

“Can you imagine, finally showing your true self to your spouse, your soul mate, and having him not like you? So that's how the hating first began. I've thought about this a lot, and that's where it started, I think.” 

“People want to believe they know other people. Parents want to believe they know their kids. Wives want to believe they know their husbands.” 

I’ve suffered betrayal with all five senses. For over a year.” 
                                                                                  

It was a good movie. I love it.
Photo by Lihn
Asos backpack/ J.Crew Dress/ Urban Outfitters Tank/ Jill Stuart Sunglasses/ Shoes from HK/ Mum's Watch 

Best,
Katrina
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment