Get to know me abit more...

Thursday, September 11, 2014

What is Fashion


People always have this tendency thinking that buying brands makes them more fashionable; that if you know the brands, you can design fashion too. Yes, you can get inspirations from designers clothes, but there are way more out there; the trees, the bugs, the tiles... everything around us. Charles James, Charles Fredrick Worth, Jean Patou and many more weren't inspired by other designers back then and I think that is what made them successful. They were artists, painters, sculptors, programmers... they concerned more about the craft, rather than just their outlook. I guess what I am trying to say is that, appearance definitely gives an impression but really, it should not be the most important for a designer because you are the creator instead of the wearer... and I hope I can an artist from within. Perhaps I won't make it as a good designer myself either, in fact I don't think I know much about fashion at the end of the day. But I hope I can be an artist. An artist with expression. A self reminder.

H&M top/ Topshop scarf/ Nasty Gal backpack/ American Eagle Outfitters Sneakers/ Tripp Skirt/ plaid shirt from Hong Kong

Best,
Katrina
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment