Get to know me abit more...

Sunday, August 6, 2017

OMG I am going to BERLIN!!!

Hello everyone!! Guess what, I am flying to Berlin by myself today! It would be my first time traveling alone. I can't believe it! I am so excited to explore Berlin but also a bit scared because of the terrorist situation in Europe. There was a girl kidnapped in Milan yesterday. Oh may God bless me. Luckily, I have a friend living there so hopefully I will stay save and survive LOL. I bought two tourist books but I still haven't planned my trip thorough yet. I will do so as soon as I get on the plane! Everything seems so spontaneous because I only decided and booked my ticket last week. I always wanted to travel by myself but I never thought Berlin would be the destination. 


The idea popped up when I remembered a friend telling me I will love this place because there are many museums and artsy things everywhere. It would be a good place to meditate and just enjoy the atmosphere. I am a person that likes to be busy and constantly doing something but I really felt a need to just take a break from everything, everyone and be on my own, to reflect and sort out my thoughts. I also hope I can find rest and inner peace in God by the end of this trip. I need it.




"Come to me, all of you who are weary & burdened and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
"Be Still, and Know I am God." Psalm 46:10
Psalm 46:10 often pops up in my mind in different circumstances. I remember pastor Andy shared this verse to me during Gospel camp last year. I was having a difficult time but this verse is very comforting and I needed to be reminded that God is God. Last saturday night, I went to Hong Kong Baptist Church right after I finished my fashion design class in Central. The revival message by pastor Edmund Chan really touched my heart. 


Here are some of my notes from the sermon for Ecclesiastes 1:12-18 (Ecclesiastes has always been my fav book in the Bible):

To many, their life is like a cruise to nowhere. In Ecclesiastes, King Solomon thought that by wisdom and reflection, he might get the meaning of life. Then he finds it is a lousy job and heavy burden to do so. Just like Siri can't, human cannot use human wisdom to answer the wisdom of life because human has limitation. 

"What is crooked cannot be straightened;
what is lacking cannot be counted." v15

The sources that are beyond us, only can be found in God. The complexity of life cannot be put into file tidily. There are no orderly filing system. Sometimes, there are no answers in life and you can only ask God for answers. No answers in certain situation, but God has the answers. By faith, we pray "I don't have answer but God has answer and I believe in prayer." 

 

Human wisdom is powerless. You can teach a person information, educate him but cannot put transformation like God can. Education and wisdom is not the dilemma of life. 

"Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind." v17.

So maybe meaning of life cannot be found in wisdom but in madness and folly, but this too is also chasing after the wind without purpose. Many Christians live as if God is irrelevant to our life but only with trouble and great problems, we look for God. (which I find myself doing often also) God is only an add on in our everyday life when He should be the centre of our life. ❤️


Humanist theory sounds like wisdom but foolish actually. If a man is brilliant but immoral, does that make him a man of wisdom? Highly educated but stupid? Madness. A man without moral compass, wisdom without purpose, is like a cruise to nowhere. Aimlessly. Even the wisest man, King Solomon, says wisdom of this world does not satisfy and inadequate but how do we find true wisdom if we do not ask from God and direct our heart to God and Jesus, which is written in the Bible?  The battle is in our mind. Enlightened  and find destination through God. Wisdom is in the bible and scripture which points to Jesus from Old and New Testament. Paul says Jesus is the wisdom, life, meaning and purpose. Everything.

The above is some points I dropped down from the message. It was a powerful message to open our mind and think. For more details of the message, you can actually read it from here:
http://www.hkbibleconference.org/en/all-sermons/89th/1014-2017-89th-3/3934-the-folly-of-human-wisdom.html

I truly hope this can enlighten you as well. And I hope this trip will give me a good opportunity to clear my mind and redirect myself. :)



Grannypuckettvintage Dress | Jill Scott Boots | Marc Jacobs Earrings |
Photo by Jan Tong

Thinking of opening a Youtube channel and make some vlogs. Do people still watch Youtube or Facebook videos anymore? Would you watch?  See you soon! :P

Best,
Katrina
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment