Get to know me abit more...

Friday, March 7, 2014

Rose

Haven't updated for a while! Mid term is here but I will try to post more often. Here's a photoshoot I did with Natalie Chyi  for her portfolio a while ago. It was a quick and simple shoot, something rather abstract and different from what I usually do. 



The general concept of the shoot reminded me of a song sang by Lee Hi, called "Rose".

What is your love like?

"My love is like a red rose
It may be beautiful now
But my sharp thorns will hurt you
Don’t look at me with that light glance
Don’t speak of love easily
If you want my heart, you need to take my pain too
Because you will be pricked by my thorns someday"

Sometimes, listening to that song could lead me to a sea of frustration so recently, I started to paint my thoughts out.


During my foundation year at Parsons, I also sew my first garment based on the song. The textile pattern is made by combining different images of my friend and color roses together. It represents the fear of loving and be loved.

 - "Often in love, we tend to be attracted to the ones with physical beauty. We see them as fresh roses; yet mysterious and dangerous. Meanwhile, because we are scared of getting hurt, we create our own thorns to protect ourselves."


Hope you all like my project! View more projects on my portfolio site: http://katrinachan.4ormat.com. I will reorganize and upload more projects soon so keep an eye on my site!

Best,
Katrina
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment